Saturday, February 4, 2017

Super Bowl Sunday


Super Bowl Sunday - When my team is playing, I love Super Bowl Sunday. Unfortunately, this year "the other guys" are the star of the show. But not all is lost. We can still enjoy the Puppy Bowl, Kitty Half-Time, the Budweiser ad, and (best of all) the food.

Here is one of the dishes that will be in my oven on Sunday:


Seafood Nachoes


On a heatproof platter, layer the following ingredients in the order given:



  • tortilla chips
  • chopped green chilies
  • chopped, seeded tomato
  • sliced ripe olives
  • minced green onion
  • canned black beans, drained and rinsed
  • cooked shrimp and/or imitation crab flakes
  • shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese
Repeat layers once. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud to say I didn't watch one play of the big game...but I would have eaten all of this snack, had it been available. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, I could NOT care less about the game yesterday; you and I are totally in agreement. But some of the ads were pretty good and Lady Gaga was great (can't believe I'm saying that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious, Linda. What are rice olives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Rice olives are a typo. That should be RIPE olives. I've fixed it. Thanks.

      Delete