Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pattern for a Valentine's Day Gift from your Sewing Basket

In just a few short weeks Valentine's Day (February 14) will be here, and it's time for me to start sewing something for my daughter. (Don't worry, she doesn't read my blog so the secret is safe).

I found a beautiful heart pattern in Pinterest. The creator/author is a fellow blogger on Blogspot. The link to her page, and to the project is HERE.

Her photo is what first caught my attention. 

Isn't that a gorgeous pillow? You could also (following her directions) turn this into a table runner or wall hanging. 


I have some teeny tiny scraps in my "use it up" bag, and so will be making a set of potholders. If you would like some help in understanding how to construct this heart design, I have redrafted it so that it can be foundation pieced.

And here is my finished product. 





4 comments:

  1. It really is beautiful, and you really are talented. Happy Thursday, my gifted friend. Keep bringing beauty into this world, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, I promise I will, one stitch at a time. And you sir, keep writing. That is part of the beauty that you share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finished product is beautiful, Linda. I admire those who can craft. I don't have the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shauna - If you EVER find the desire to create something, foundation piecing is the way to go. Your seams and joints will turn out perfect every time and everyone will consider you a genius.

      Delete