Friday, December 16, 2016

Day #9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies--Even Better Than Milk's Favorite Cookie

Milk's favorite cookie? Oreo's of course (or at least that's what the folks at Nabisco would like us to believe). I found today's recipe at another favorite website -- www.food.com.


Oreo Cookie Balls
1 pkg regular size Oreo cookies, crushed
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 pkg white almond bark
1 pkg chocolate almond bark
cake sprinkles, coarse sugar, or crushed candy for decorating (optional)

Using a mixer, blend crushed Oreos and cream cheese together. Roll into walnut-sized balls. Chill for one hour. 

Melt approximately 3/4 pkg of white almond bark. 


Stick a toothpick in one of the Oreo balls and dip it in the melted white almond bark. Allow to harden on waxed paper (this takes about 15 minutes). While waiting, melt 1/4 package of chocolate almond bark. When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate almond bark. 


You can use the remaining 3/4 pkg chocolate almond bark to coat Oreo cookie balls and the remaining 1/4 pkg of white almond bark to drizzle. 

You can also add sprinkles, decorating sugar, or crushed cookies/candy to the coated pops while the almond bark is still wet.



By the way, if baking is not your thing 
and you enjoy cooking
please visit my page hubpages.com/@carbdiva 


(Carb Diva is my alter-ego and super hero persona)

4 comments:

  1. I do love Oreos...so there is a real possibility I would love these cookies. I'm too cold to really think about it right now. I just got done feeding and watering the critters and I can barely feel my fingers to type this...but a two thumbs up on this recipe, which will have to do for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, gosh I feel sorry for your animals. When I look out and see the little frozen hummingbirds, I wish I could gather them up and bring them indoors. Trust me, cats are much easier (and they stay indoors).

    Thanks for the thumbs-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, my mom just sent me a recipe for some type of Oreo ball cookie. She thought it would be something easy for me to make for my co-workers. I opted for Hungarian nut sticks instead. It's an old recipe of my mom's and my favorite Christmas-time cookie. They're kind of a pain to make but they're not too sweet, which is what I like about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike. Thank you for sharing your mom's recipe. I will add it to my collection.

      Delete