Monday, December 12, 2016

Day #7 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies--Pumpkin 7-Layer Magic Bars

Ask me what my favorite dessert is--that's like asking me to name my favorite child. I can't. I simply can't choose one over the other.

Pumpkin pie. Apple pie. Coconut anything.

Imagine my joy when I found this recipe for Pumpkin 7-Layer Magic Bars? Some of you might remember the original 7-Layer Cookie Bar Recipe--this kicks it up a notch, and then some. Thank you Bakers Royal for making my dreams come true.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 8 tablespoons butter
  • 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  • 11 ounces Golden Delicious apples, shredded (about 2 medium-size apples)
  • 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconot
  • 1 cup salted almonds, coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with two 14-inch long pieces of foil. The overhang will be used as a sling to help remove the cookies once they are baked.
  3. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; stir until well-blended. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
  4. Combine sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir until well combined. Pour mixture over graham cracker crust.
  5. Peel and core apples. Use the large side of a box grater to shred the apples. Layer shredded apple on the condensed milk layer.
  6. Sprinkle on chocolate chips, followed by almonds and then finish with coconut.
  7. Bake for 35 minutes or until top is browned. Let cool in pan completely and then transfer pan to refrigerator to chill before cutting.

By the way, if baking is not your thing 
and you enjoy cooking
please visit my page hubpages.com/@carbdiva 

(Carb Diva is my alter-ego and super hero persona)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I would eat this. You get my Seal of Approval and aren't you proud? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, you're a tough customer, so if you give this your seal of approval, I feel victorious. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I notice there's no sugar in this recipe. I guess the sweetened condensed milk takes care of that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, also the graham crackers contain a bit of sugar, the coconut is sweetened and, as apples go, Golden Delicious are quite sweet also.

    ReplyDelete