Pumpkin pie. Apple pie. Coconut anything.
Imagine my joy when I found this recipe for Pumpkin 7-Layer Magic Bars? Some of you might remember the original 7-Layer Cookie Bar Recipe--this kicks it up a notch, and then some. Thank you Bakers Royal for making my dreams come true.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 11 ounces Golden Delicious apples, shredded (about 2 medium-size apples)
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconot
- 1 cup salted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with two 14-inch long pieces of foil. The overhang will be used as a sling to help remove the cookies once they are baked.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; stir until well-blended. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir until well combined. Pour mixture over graham cracker crust.
- Peel and core apples. Use the large side of a box grater to shred the apples. Layer shredded apple on the condensed milk layer.
- Sprinkle on chocolate chips, followed by almonds and then finish with coconut.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top is browned. Let cool in pan completely and then transfer pan to refrigerator to chill before cutting.
By the way, if baking is not your thing
and you enjoy cooking,
please visit my page hubpages.com/@carbdiva
(Carb Diva is my alter-ego and super hero persona)