Fudgy Mint Cheesecake Bars
- 1 package (4 oz) Hershey's unsweetened chocolate baking bar, broken into pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- green food color (optional)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- Chocolate Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup butter. Combine chocolate mixture with sugar, 3 eggs, vanilla, and flour in large bowl, beating until well blended. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch in medium bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining 1 egg, peppermint extract and food color, if desired. Pour mixture over hot brownie layer. Bake 30 minutes or until set.
- Spread chocolate glaze over top. Cool. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator. Makes 24 to 36 bars.
Chocolate Glaze: Combine 1 cup Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips or Hershey's Semi-Sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup whipping cream in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Makes about 2/3 cup glaze.
By the way, if baking is not your thing
and you enjoy cooking,
please visit my page hubpages.com/@carbdiva
(Carb Diva is my alter-ego and super hero persona)