Monday, November 21, 2016

JFK - May 29, 1917 - November 22, 1963
“We are not here to curse the darkness, but to light a candle that can guide us through the darkness to a safe and sure future. For the world is changing. The old era is ending. The old ways will not do.

The problems are not all solved and the battles are not all won and we stand today on the edge of a New Frontier - 
a frontier of unknown opportunities and perils, a frontier of unfulfilled hopes and threats.

--John F. Kennedy

2 comments:

  1. Stand together? What a novel concept. I hope to see that happen once again during my lifetime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill I thought this quote was fitting for where we are today in history.

    I wonder how many people are aware of the significance of this day? You and I certainly are. November 22 was our "9/11"--that date on which you know precisely where you were and what you were doing when the world changed.

    ReplyDelete