I don't remember the source of this recipe, but the card on which it is written is old and faded. It has been around for a very long time.
This is an easy-to-do recipe that even the kids can help with:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can fruit pie filling (any flavor except lemon)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 12x9-inch glass baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and milk
- Pour mixture over melted butter. DO NOT STIR
- Pour over this 3/4 cup sugar. DO NOT STIR
- Pour in pie filling (including juice). DO NOT STIR
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.